The 'm' designation in this 21 variant refers to the mini canopy size. The mini canopy is just over 1" (29mm) in diameter and 0.5" (13mm) deep, which creates a subtle profile that will essentially disappear into the application surface.
Inspired by the sporadic, perhaps discordant arrangement of barnacles on a rock surface, the 21 is fabricated from thin sheets of porcelain wrapped around frosted borosilicate glass trumpet-shaped diffusers. Each diffuser houses a low voltage (12V, 20W xenon) lamp. A strong contrast is established between the organically distributed soft light passing through the translucent white porcelain skin and the sharp, crisp light passing through the borosilicate glass diffuser.
- Porcelain, blown borosilicate glass, braided metal coaxial cable, electrical components and a brushed nickel canopy.
- Shade Width: 5 inch
- Mini Canopy Diameter: 1.1 inch
- Mini Innie Canopy Diameter: 1.65 inch
- Mini Outtie Canopy Diameter: 1.61 inch
- Adjustable Length: Standard 10 feet, Custom 100 feet
- Lamping: 20w xenon or 1.5w LED (LED not dimmable)
- Require transformers to be remote mounted
- As an alternative to a built-in transformer, Bocci recommends mounting transformers remotely in an easily accessible and hidden location for ease of long-term maintenance.
Based in Vancouver, Canada, Bocci is a world leader in contemporary lighting design. Led by creative director Omer Arbel, Bocci creates stunning lighting solutions of the utmost quality and craftsmanship. Starting with the 14 series cast glass chandeliers, Bocci continued to create beautiful lighting with the ceramic 21 series and the blown glass 28 and 38 series. In addition to lighting, Bocci creates modern furniture and electrical accessories.
Obviously architectural, the conceptual chandeliers are available in a range of different colours and unlimited configurations.
Bocci 21.1m Pendant Light Designed by:
- Omer Arbel
Omer Arbel graduated from the University of Waterloo’s School of Architecture in 2000, and, after apprenticeships with several architectural companies, founded Omer Arbel Office, a Vancouver-based design practice, in 2005. The practice produces designs for buildings, objects, furniture, lighting and electrical accessories.
Arbel is also the creative director of the manufacturing and design company, Bocci that produces cast glass lighting features. Cast glass is an organic process, imperfect by nature and each piece is hand made to the client’s specifications. Bocci is now featured in buildings and homes worldwide and has won several high profile international design awards.