Favn; the Danish translation for embrace, is the result of a creative dialogue between the Spanish designer, Jaime Hayón and Fritz Hansen. FAVN comes in several unique designer selections with a mix of three fabrics; one fabric for the shell, one for the seat and back cushions, and the third fabric is applied to the small decorative cushions. The sofa is also available as a single fabric version. The range of accessories include loose decorative cushions and large felt glides for soft floors. A set of large glides is always included upon delivery.
- Shell consists of two parts, a base and a back shell, both made from hard polyurethane foam with glass fibre reinforcement
- Base and back shell are assembled with 6 steel brackets and Hex screws
- The outside of the back shell and base is covered with a thin, soft layer of polyurethane foam and wadding
- The four legs consists 3 parts; an upholstered trumpet matching the base, a satin polished aluminium cylinder and a felt glide to protect the floor
- Height: 88 cm / 34.6 inch
- Seat Height: 42 cm / 16.5 inch
- Depth: 93 cm / 36.6 inch
- Width: 221 cm / 87 inch
- 2 Loose decorative cushions included. Please contact us if you wish to order additional loose cushions.
Fritz Hansen was established in 1872 by the visionary cabinetmaker of the same name. Since then, Fritz Hansen has become a natural part of both Danish and international design history. Today, it is an exclusive and international design brand. The history of Fritz Hansen is characterized by stupendous craftsmanship, unique design and an inherent sense of premium quality. Leading architects and furniture designers from all over the world have regularly contributed to the collection with beautifully shaped and functional furniture that seamlessly meet through the use of innovative techniques and new materials. Arne Jacobsen, Poul Kjærholm, Piet Hein, Vico Magistretti, Burkhard Vogtherr, Piero Lissoni, Kasper Salto and Morten Voss – the stellar string of designers is long and the list of furniture of classic and iconic fame is even longer.
Their design philosophy inspires the creation of new, simple, sculptural and original furniture that is timeless and relevant in time. This furniture is for modern city dwellers and international businesses with a confident taste for elegance and underplayed luxury and the desire to strengthen their identity and image. People who wish to make a statement, which is entirely their own.
- DesignerFritz Hansen Favn Sofa Designed by:
- Jaime Hayon , 2011
Spanish artist-designer Jaime Hayon was born in Madrid in 1974. As a teenager he submerged himself in skateboard culture and graffiti art, the foundation of the detailed, bold-yet-whimsical imagery so prominent in his work today. He studied industrial design in Madrid and Paris then opened his own studio a few years later.
He began with a collection of designer toys, ceramics and furniture, later followed by interior design and installations. Jaime Hayon created the Favn sofa and the Ro Lounge chair for Fritz Hansen. They are designed with great attention to detail and have become main stays of the Fritz Hansen collection.
In 2007 Hayon has collaborated with Moooi to produce the Element Series of objects and furniture.