Originally created in 1950 by Russell Spanner, the Lounge Chair with Arms has become a classic of Canadian Mid-Century Modern furniture design. Out of production for more than 50 years, Gus* worked in collaboration with the Spanner family to revive this iconic chair, carefully matching the construction, materials, and design details to stay true to the original in every way. The seat is woven strapping, and the frame is solid birch with exposed bolts and finger-joint details. Like the original, the Lounge Chair with Arms is built in Toronto and available in a variety of finishes. To commemorate the return of this design classic, the first 100 chairs produced will be part of a numbered, limited edition series.
- Frame is constructed with solid birch and curved birch plywood components
- Woven-web seat material is 100% cotton strapping
- Width: 55 cm / 21.5 inch
- Depth: 61 cm / 24 inch
- Height: 75 cm / 29.5 inch
- Seat Height: 42 cm / 16.5 inch
- Designed in 1950 by Russell Spanner
- Finger-joint and dowel-joint construction
- Tapered legs are attached to seat with exposed carriage bolts
Inspired by simple forms and modern materials, Gus* Modern, headquartered in Toronto, Canada, manufactures contemporary furniture, accent pieces and accessories. Gus* designs are inspired by the modernists of yesterday, mid-century classics and simple, everyday forms. Great designs with a practical purpose.
Please note Gus* Modern products are not available in our Victoria, BC, showroom.