With their high backs and sides, GranTorino HB privacy chairs create elegant hideaways with architectural lines and modern appeal for cafés, enclaves, lounges, and libraries. The back is soft and quilted, embellished with a hand-stitched X detail. Side panels are slightly separated from the seat by a small gap to suggest spaces within spaces.
- The Seat Structure is Comprised of Metal Tubing with Interwoven Elastic Belts.
- The Seat Cushion is Padded with foam and Upholstered in fabric.
- The Back Cushions are Filled with goose down and Upholstered in Fabric.
- Backrest and Side Panels are Constructed of Birch Plywood, Padded with Foam.
- The Base is Titanium Color-coated Aluminum with Plastic Feet.
- Height: 123.1 cm / 48.5 inch
- Width: 114.3 cm / 45 inch
- Depth: 86.8 cm / 34.2 inch
- Seat Height: 43.6 cm / 17.2 inch
Haworth Collection Poltrona Frau GranTorino HB Lounge Chair Designed by:
- Jean-Marie Massaud , 2013
“I’m trying to find an honest, generous path with the idea that, somewhere between the hard economic data, there are users. People.” - Jean-Marie Massaud
Since the beginning of his career (a 1990 graduate of Paris’ ENSCI-Les Ateliers, Paris Design Institute), Jean-Marie Massaud has been working on an extensive range of works, stretching from architecture to objects, from one-off project to serial ones, from macro environment down to micro contexts. Major brands such as Axor, Cassina, Christofle, Poliform, Toyota have solicited his ability to mix comfort and elegance, zeitgeist and heritage, generosity and distinction.
Beyond these elegant designs, his quest for lightness – in matters of essence – synthesize three broader stakes: individual and collective fulfillment, economic and industrial efficiency, and environmental concerns. “I’m trying to find an honest, generous path with the idea that, somewhere between the hard economic data, there are users. People.”
His creations, whether speculative or pragmatic, explore this imperative paradigm: reconciling pleasure with responsibility, the individual with the collective.