The high-performance task chair that blends science-based wellness and comfort with international design and unmatched sustainability.
Over two years of persistent research and development led to the product design innovations that are Zody. Its revolutionary asymmetrical lumbar support system is a result of a joint study between Haworth and The Human Performance Institute of Western Michigan University. Approximately 70% of all test participants made one thing very clear: controlling the degree of support on either side of their lower back was the key to comfort. From this has come Zody’s PAL® back system, combining asymmetrical lumbar adjustment, passive pelvic support, and a host of ergonomic refinements - a revolutionary step forward in office seating.Zody: The First and Only
First (and Only) Chair ever endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) First Chair to be Cradle to Cradle™ Gold Certified Product by McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry. First Chair with Assymetric Lumbar and PAL™, a passive pelvic support, and a patent-pending user-selected asymmetrical lumbar support.Lumbar and PAL
When seated, the hips tend to roll backward, causing a poor seated posture. PAL promotes a slight forward rotation of the hips, which helps the user maintain the natural arch in their lower spine. This position also promotes a proper use of the lumbar mechanism. The lumbar is height and pressure adjustable to allow the user to dial-in the amount of support needed. The pressure can be adjusted on each side independently, which our research indicates is preferable for about 70% of users.Seat Details
The edges and seat foam are essential aspects of Zody's comfort. The waterfall edge was designed to relieve typical pressure points around the perimeter of the seat that restrict bloodflow and cause longterm dissatisfaction. Zodys seat is designed to provide a unique level of comfort for a variety of individuals and positions that allow the user to find their comfort zone. The seat seat is a plush foam that is guaranteed not to break down during the warranty period or we'll replace it. A seat that has molded to the user is not dissipating pressure well and will create pressure points. A seat that has formed to the shape of the user should be replaced.Actively Fitting You
The back frame has 2" of torsional flex to move with the user while they twist and work. This support enhances Zodys other features, like the asymmetric lumbar, by moving with the user as they sit towards one side of the chair.
Zody’s proprietary suspension mesh is a thin, breathable 100% polyester woven fabric designed to work in concert with the lumbar pad and pelvic support. Several studies were completed to identify appropriate upper and lower back mesh tensions which provide users with continuous support.
Zodys 4D arms adjust in height, in width, front-to-back, in-to-out, and pivot. Zody as a whole is designed to fit the 5-to-95th percentile of users physical profiles, and the arms a big part of fitting both users physical statures, and also postures and workstyles, comfortably.Excellence In All Aspects
Manufactured using 100% Wind Power credits in our Zero-Waste to landfill Mississippi facility, Zody is made from up to 51% recyclable material. It is 95% recyclable at the ends of its life; with out takeback program, send it to us and we'll take care of the rest. We don't anticipate that happening anytime soon, as it is covered under our 12 Year, 24/7, multiple-shift warranty up to 325lbs. Zody is BIFMA Level 3 and Greenguard Gold certified.World Renowned Design
Zody is more than just a workhorse, it's a pretty face, too. Winner of a litany of awards, including:
IDEA GOOD Design Award Winner Australian Environmental Choice Award Best of Neocon Silver International Design Magazine Annual Design Review Honorable Mention
- Metal, Polymer, Upholstery
- Overall Height 38 inch - 43 inch 965 mm - 1092 mm
- Overall Depth 29 inch / 737 mm
- Overall Width 29 inch / 737 mm
- Seat Height 16 inch - 21 inch 406 mm - 533 mm
- Seat Width 19.25 inch / 489 mm
- Arm Height 6.8 inch - 10.8 inch / 173 mm - 274 mm
- Seat Depth 16 inch - 19 inch / 406 mm - 483 mm
- The optional headrest reduces neck fatigue, and with 2.5 inches of adjustable range, it can cradle the neck and head of a wide range of users.
- Optional PAL Back System, including a patented asymmetrical lumbar adjustment and passive pelvic support, provide low-back support.
- Arms available fixed, height adjustable and 4-D; armless.
- Seat standard fixed or adjustable. Optional Technogel® Soft Lite Gel insert provides extra support.
- The balanced 3-point tilt mechanism provides 24 degrees of back recline for greater comfort.
- Hard dual-wheel casters available for carpet flooring and soft dual-wheel casters for hard floors.
- Passive torsional flex provides upper back support.
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment in standard and low-position models accommodate users 4'11"–6'3" tall.
- Standard easy to reach/activate tilt tension adjustment provides personalized control of the resistance of the back.
- Optional 6-position back-stop and forward-tilt adjustment allows users to control their positions throughout the day.
- Plastic five-star base standard in black and three metallic trims. Optional aluminum base painted polished aluminum.
- Made in Mississippi, USA
- Produced as an ISO 14001 certified manufacturing facility
- Highest BIFMA level certification (3)
- Warranty: Twelve Years
Care & Maintenance:
- Seat Fabric and Back Mesh: These fabrics are colorfast when using standard wet and dry cleaning processes and are also resistant to most spot-cleaning solvents.
- Dry soils: vacuum surfaces regularly to prevent sand, dust, ash, and dry dirt from being worked into the fabrics.
- Wet soils: use commercially available water-based upholstery detergents to clean mud, spills, food, and so on. Follow directions on package.
- Oily spills: grease, tar, greasy foods, etc. may require cleaning with a solvent cleaner or solvent-fortified detergent. Follow directions on package.
- Leather: Most stains can be removed with lukewarm water and a mild soap. Then wipe the leather with a damp cloth and dry with a soft, dry cloth. Saddle soaps, polish, or wax should never be used. For general maintenance, dust the leather surface just as you would furniture.
- Polymer: Use a mild detergent and warm water; apply with a soft clean cloth. Hard scrubbing with brushes may harm the surface so is not recommended. Remove any soapy residue with clean water and clean cloth.
- Metal: Clean with lukewarm water and a mild detergent as needed. After washing, rinse with clean water on a soft cloth, and dry with a clean soft cloth.
Work happens everywhere. Haworth designs and manufactures product solutions that help you create inspiring spaces where people can perform their best—at work, on the go, and at home.