Combining distinctive looks with pioneering ergonomics, the Herman Miller Aeron Chair adapts naturally and adjusts precisely to fit people of all sizes. Aeron chairs provide superior comfort and body support and offer style that are widely copied but never matched. Known as an iconic, ergonomic, high-performance, long-term work chair and is a great computer chair, general office chair, and for casual or formal meetings.
Customize your own Aeron Chair with Gabriel Ross' exclusive "Build Your Own Aeron Chair"
AERON CHAIR FEATURES:
- Available in Three Sizes - Small(A), medium(B), and large(C). To determine a proper fit, see the Aeron Chair Size/Fit Reference located in helpful notes below.
- Standard Tilt -Standard tilt allows for adjustment of tilt tension only. Tilt limiter and seat angle allows the person sitting in the chair to adjust the tilt tension, select the tilt range (4 settings) and select the seat angle (horizontal or 5° forward).
- Fixed Arm Rests, Adjustable arms allow person to adjust the arms 4" vertically and from 15° outward to 17-½° inward.
- Frame/Base - Graphite Black, Titanium with smoke frame, Polished aluminum with graphite frame
- Pellicle® suspension
- Adjustable lumbar support provides additional support for the middle back. Adjustable PostureFit® support allows the person to customize the fit in lower back area to help maintain an upright posture. PostureFit support is not available on the standard tilt option.
- Assembly - Ships assembled, or ready to assemble
- MBDC Cradle to CradleSM Silver and GREENGUARD® certified
- safe and healthy materials; up to 64 percent of them are recycled
- Size A: Depth: 15 ¾ Inch, Seat Height: 14 ⅜ Inch – 19 ½ Inch, Width: 25 ¾ Inch, Height: 41 Inch max
- Size B: Depth: 17 Inch Seat Height: 15 Inch – 20 ⅞ Inch, Width: 27 Inch, Height: 42 Inch max
- Size C: Depth: 18 ½ Inch, Seat Height: 15 Inch – 20 ⅞ Inch Width: 28 ¼ Inch, Height: 45 Inch max
- Aeron Chair Sizing Chart (Size/Fit Reference)
- Casters and Glides
- Herman Miller's 12 Year Warranty
- Arm Angle Adjustment Video
- Arm Height Adjustment Video
- Forward Tilt Adjustment Video
- Lumbar Adjustment Video
- PostureFit Adjustment Video
- Seat Height Adjustment Video
- Tilt Limiter Adjustment Video
- Tilt Tension Adjustment Video
Herman Miller Aeron Chair Knock Down Assembly Video
By the middle of the 20th century, the name Herman Miller had become synonymous with “modern” furniture. Working with legendary designers George Nelson and Charles and Ray Eames, the company produced pieces that would become classics of industrial design. Since then, Herman Miller has collaborated with some of the most outstanding designers in the world, including Alexander Girard, Isamu Noguchi, Bill Stumpf, Don Chadwick, Studio 7.5, Yves Béhar, Doug Ball, and many talented others.
Today, in addition to their classic pieces and new designs for the home, Herman Miller is a recognized innovator in contemporary interior furnishings for the home or office workspace. Headquartered in Zeeland, Michigan, Herman Miller has manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, Italy, and the United Kingdom and sales offices, dealers, licensees, and customers in over 100 countries. All of them work to design and build a better world around you.
While we might know them in a home furnishings sense, Herman Miller is also an innovator in health care environment solutions and other related technologies and services. Winning multiple awards in categories of design, environment and manufacturing, Herman Miller was named one of Fast Company magazine's "Most Innovative Companies" and was among FORTUNE magazine's "Best Companies to Work For" in 2010. Headquartered in Zeeland, Michigan, Herman Miller manufacturers in the US, Italy, China and the United Kingdom. They are present in over 100 countries through licensed dealers, sales offices and customer homes.
Herman Miller values and celebrates design of the past and strives to redefine the future. Working with outstanding designers, innovative environmental policies, and standing behind their products makes them a leader in their industry and well on their way to bettering our world through good design. www.hermanmiller.com
Herman Miller Classic Aeron® Chair - Build Your Own Designed by:
- Bill Stumpf , 1994
- Don Chadwick , 1994
US, 1936 - 2006
"I work best when I'm pushed to the edge. When I'm at the point where my pride is subdued, where I'm innocent again. Herman Miller knows how to push me that way, mainly because the company still believes—years after D.J. De Pree first told me—that good design isn't just good business, it's a moral obligation. Now that's pressure." - Bill Stumpf
William Eugene "Bill" Stumpf was a designer for Herman Miller who helped design the Aeron (with Don Chadwick) and Embody chairs (with Jeff Weber). It was at the University of Wisconsin-Madison where Stumpf, working with specialists in orthopedic and vascular medicine, conducted extensive research into ergonomics, specifically in the way people sit.
Stumpf's association with Herman Miller began in 1970 when he joined the staff of the Herman Miller Research Corporation. After establishing his own firm in 1972, Stumpf created the Ergon chair, the first ergonomic work chair. Later, in collaboration with Don Chadwick, he produced the groundbreaking Equa and iconic Aeron chairs. He also was principal designer for the Ethospace system.
During his lifetime, Stumpf—a key figure in Herman Miller's transformation into a research-based, problem-solving innovator—received numerous awards for his work. He was named the winner of the 2006 National Design Award in Product Design, an award presented posthumously by the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum. Stumpf died in 2006.
Don Chadwick was born in 1936 in Los Angeles and developed an interest in furniture making from his grandfather, a cabinetmaker. He studied design at the University of California, Los Angeles. It was there that he began to focused on furniture. After hearing Charles and Ray Eames lecture, Chadwick was convinced that furniture design offered designers the chance to use materials in new, innovative ways and to make a real difference in people’s lives.
He founded his own practice in 1964 and his work includes Chadwick Modular Seating, the Spark Chair, the Equa 1 Chair and the Aeron Chair that he designed with Bill Stumpf in 1994 for Herman Miller. Stumpf and Chadwick were awarded the Industrial Designers Society of America Design of the Decade Award for the Aeron Chair in 2000. Recently, Chadwick revisited the Aeron Chair, and worked with Herman Miller for nearly two years to update almost every element of the chair.