This chair has a frameless 3D Intelligent™ Suspension back that allows freedom of movement, while providing targeted back support and moving heat away from the body. The suspension is supported by a YTower ™ and anchored at the bottom by the ArcSpan™. The chair has an upholstered seat with foam padding and passive Posturefit® back support. The synchronous tilt provides continuous balance and lets the body recline naturally, pivoting at the ankles, knees, and hips. The chair has a 5-star base and 3 height-adjustment options. Shipped knocked down and is ready to assemble with no tools required.
All features may not be present in images
- Height Adjustment: Standard-height range
- Tilt: Tilt limiter
- Arms: Fixed arms
- Seat-Depth Adjustment: Fixed seat depth
- Back Support Option: No additional support
- Base/Y-Tower™ Finish: Black
- Back Suspension Finish: Black
- Armpad Finish: Black
- Seat Fabric: Rhythm (3014 Black)
- 90 percent recyclable (suspension back work chair), 86 percent recyclable (upholstered work chair); contains no PVC
- Eco-dematerialisedTM design uses fewer materials in inventive ways
- MBDC Cradle-to-CradleSM Silver, GREENGUARD®, and levelTM 2 certification under evaluation
- Height: 34.25 - 38.75 Inch
- Width: 24.5 Inch
- Depth: 24.5 Inch
- Chair is tested and warranted for use by persons 350 pounds and under
- Arm and tilt cover finish matches specified Y-Tower finish
- Arms can be removed in the field with no tools required
By the middle of the 20th century, the name Herman Miller had become synonymous with “modern” furniture. Working with legendary designers George Nelson and Charles and Ray Eames, the company produced pieces that would become classics of industrial design. Since then, Herman Miller has collaborated with some of the most outstanding designers in the world, including Alexander Girard, Isamu Noguchi, Bill Stumpf, Don Chadwick, Studio 7.5, Yves Béhar, Doug Ball, and many talented others.
Today, in addition to their classic pieces and new designs for the home, Herman Miller is a recognized innovator in contemporary interior furnishings for the home or office workspace. Headquartered in Zeeland, Michigan, Herman Miller has manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, Italy, and the United Kingdom and sales offices, dealers, licensees, and customers in over 100 countries. All of them work to design and build a better world around you.
While we might know them in a home furnishings sense, Herman Miller is also an innovator in health care environment solutions and other related technologies and services. Winning multiple awards in categories of design, environment and manufacturing, Herman Miller was named one of Fast Company magazine's "Most Innovative Companies" and was among FORTUNE magazine's "Best Companies to Work For" in 2010. Headquartered in Zeeland, Michigan, Herman Miller manufacturers in the US, Italy, China and the United Kingdom. They are present in over 100 countries through licensed dealers, sales offices and customer homes.
Herman Miller values and celebrates design of the past and strives to redefine the future. Working with outstanding designers, innovative environmental policies, and standing behind their products makes them a leader in their industry and well on their way to bettering our world through good design. www.hermanmiller.com
Herman Miller Sayl® Chair Basic - Black Designed by:
- Yves Béhar