With a graceful sense of wonder, a beautiful mechanical doll appears to magically come to life in the famous ballet Coppelia. In the performance the ballerina traces, with sinuous movements, a delicate after-image in the air, which inspires the fluid motion in the design of Miyake’s Coppelia Suspended Lamp.
- Electrolytic polished stainless steel frame
- Poly carbonate shades and suspension bracket
- Height: 42.5 cm / 16.6 inch
- Diameter: 68 cm / 26.7 Inch
- Height: 54 cm / 21.3 Inch
- Diameter: 101 cm / 39.8 Inch
- Small: 36 LED Tubes, MAX 20W, colour temperature 2700K / CRI 90, 400lm
- Large: 54 LED Tubes, MAX 33W, colour temperature 2700K / CRI 90, 400lm
- Mains dimmable with recommended dimmer only
- Cable length & colour: 13,12 ft | transparent with tinned core
- Canopy: cylinder electrolytic polished
- cULus Listed
For fluent dimming behavior we advise a dimmer that is compatible with the following specs:
- Transformer type: Magnetic
- Load type: Inductive load (L-Type)
- Dimmer type: Leading edge / Forward phase
- Please note the functioning of the dimmer and the power supply combination can never be predicted, it always needs to be tested in practice.
Named after the Dutch word for beautiful – the third ‘o’ in the brand name stands for an extra value in terms of beauty and uniqueness. For more than ten years Moooi has inspired and seduced the world with sparkling and innovative designs. Marcel Wanders and Casper Vissers founded the company in 2001. The Moooi portfolio contains a range of work from many other internationally recognized designers. Its style is exclusive, daring, playful, exquisite and based on the belief that design is a question of love. Moooi takes pride in producing timeless objects of beauty which posses the uniqueness and character of antiques combined with the freshness of modern times. This fusion brings the brand to focus on the production of iconic objects. Their collection of lighting, furniture and accessory designs deliver an extra touch of creativity and beauty.
Moooi Coppélia Suspended Lamp Designed by:
- Arihiro Miyake , 2015 / 2016
Arihiro Miyake initially graduated from the industrial design department of the Kobe Design University (KDU) in Japan, and later moved to Finland in pursuit for a Master's degree in furniture and spatial design from the University of Art and Design, Helsinki (UIAH)
He has originally started his carrier as an interior designer, developing the restaurant concepts at a Japanese company. Arihiro has worked for the designer Ilkka Suppanen and Yrio Wiherheimo during his studies in Finland. In 2004, he established his own design studio called Studio Arihiro Miyake.
Today, the studio works widely on the field of design, from interior and product design to research projects. These projects have been internationally realized. For example, the modern French restaurant "Tooth Tooth" in Tokyo, "Helsinki Bakery" in Osaka, the "Marimekko" shop in Helsinki, and furniture pieces produced by TM (Belgium) are representative.
Arihiro currently also works as a teaching staff at University of Art and Design in Helsinki and as an Interior Architect for Japan Finland Design Association (JFDA).