Gorgeous Silk Cover
Eiderdown is the softest and most sumptuous down in existence. It is lighter in weight, warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, and is unsurpassed for comfort throughout the seasons. Its insulating capacity is so advanced it is almost intuitive, adjusting perfectly to the person under the duvet. Our eiderdown is hand collected from the bird’s nests at Eider Duck sanctuaries. For generations, the local farmers have created a special bond between themselves and the Eiders, where the birds aren’t disturbed and they trust the down collectors implicitly. While eiderdown tests at 700 loft, its unique high density (the density of filaments on the down cluster) and cling (the ability to cling to other down clusters) make it insulate at a much, much higher rate. We have found that it takes less weight of Eiderdown than any other down to get the same warmth. It works better than even a 1000 loft down. For this duvet we import a stunning 100% Silk 450 TC Jacquard from Germany. It is hand sewn in our special sealed baffle box construction. The fabric is certified to be free from harmful chemicals by Oeko-Tex to the standard 100. This beautiful heirloom duvet is the epitome of luxury and function combined. They are so rare that more Lamborghinis are produced each year than are eiderdown duvets.
- 700+ Loft Down
- 450 Thread Count 100% Silk Jacquard Cover
- Twin : 72 inches x 88 inches
- Queen : 90 inches x 94 inches
- Super Queen : 100 inches x 100 inches
- King : 108 inches x 94 inches
- Super King : 114 inches x 100 inches
- Down carries the Zurguard® certification to be Hypoallergenic
- Hand Sewn in our sealed Baffled Box Design
- Fabric Made in Germany
- Piped in White Satin Cording
- Fabric is Certified Oeko-Tex standard 100
- Winter weight guaranteed for warmth
St. Geneve makes their duvets to fit on typical mattresses with about 15” hanging over the sides and foot. This is so that when one person gets into their twin bed, or two people get into their double, queen or king bed, the duvet will be pulled up to settle down around the sleepers without dragging over the side of the bed. If you put too big a duvet on the bed (say a king size duvet on a queen bed), it will hang over the side of the bed, and the sleeper will be pulling against this weight through the night, making for a less comfortable sleep.
Therefore we recommend:
- Twin duvets for twin beds
- Queen duvets for double & queen beds
- King duvets for king beds
This will be the most comfortable choice.
SUPER SIZE DUVETS
That being said, St. Geneve can supply special oversized duvets and covers for those clients that wish to cover their extra deep mattress (up to 19 inch thick.) Note that a mattress up to 14” thick will be covered by our normal sizes.
- Super Queen 100” wide x 100” long
- Super King 114” wide x 100” long
We Offer Duvets in Three Weights
- These duvets are recommended for average sleepers in cool to cold bedrooms.
- Winter duvets are guaranteed to be warm enough for a period of 10 years, or St.Geneve will add more down at no charge, providing that the duvet has been properly cared for, and a duvet cover used at all times. Please note that down cannot be removed from a duvet.
- These duvets are recommended for warm sleepers and for heated bedrooms.
- These duvets are recommended for very warm sleepers, in warm conditions
- Only clean your duvet when and if it is necessary.
- We do not recommend laundering your duvet at home.
- Always use a duvet cover, it will prolong the life of your duvet.
- Domestic washing machines are too small and have an agitator in the centre which can damage the duvet.
- We recommend choosing a reputable dry cleaning establishment with extensive experience with duvet cleaning.
A duvet is very easy to care for, but there are a few things to keep in mind.
Most importantly, always use a duvet cover. A duvet cover is much easier to clean than a duvet. Caring for your duvet and pillows will prolong their life and in return they will give you a more comfortable sleep.
When you first unpack your duvet, it may seem a bit flat. Given a few hours, your new duvet will puff up and stay lofty for years. You will keep your duvet fresher if you hang it outside on a nice day, two or three times a year, being careful to place it out of direct sunlight. Don’t hang it out on a windy day, but a gentle breeze is good.
We do not recommend laundering your duvet at home because domestic washing machines are too small and have an agitator in the centre which can damage the duvet. We recommend choosing a reputable dry cleaning establishment with extensive experience with duvet cleaning.
For spots, you can knock the fill away from the area, and spot wash with a mild soap. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with water and dry thoroughly. Make sure the down fill is completely dry. Any clumps of down should be pulled apart and dried again. Drying can be done either outside; with a hairdryer on medium heat, or in a large capacity dryer on medium heat. Never use high heat. If the spot is pet urine, take the duvet immediately to a professional cleaner.
Only clean a duvet if it is soiled. Take your duvet to a reputable dry cleaner with experience cleaning down filled duvets. You should air out a dry-cleaned duvet before use. We do not recommend non-professional laundering. It is possible to wash your bedding at home, however it may jeopardize the life of your duvet. The majorities of home washers and dryers are small and have an agitator in the center, which places unnecessary stress on the duvet.
STORING A DUVET
When storing a duvet, always place the duvet in a fabric cover that can breathe. Plastic can trap moisture, and lead to mildew problems. This is relevant for any down filled product and most natural textiles.
- St.Geneve Down Filled Duvets are guaranteed 20 years against any defect in materials and/or workmanship, provided that the duvet has been reasonably cared for, labels are attached and that a duvet cover has been used at all times. All St.Geneve duvets are sewn in a sealed baffle box design. The filling is guaranteed to stay in place, and never shift into another compartment, for the life of the duvet.
- St.Geneve Winter Weight Duvets are guaranteed for a period of 10 years to be warm enough, or St.Geneve will add down at no charge, provided that the duvet has been reasonably cared for, labels are attached and that a duvet cover has been used at all times. Please note that down CANNOT be removed from a duvet. Lighter weight duvets are NOT guaranteed for warmth.
*All Guarantees are void if labels are removed.
There is an old Scandinavian tradition. When a woman married, her parents would give the couple a new down filled duvet and pillows which would have been made by her mother. Part of this tradition had the mother sewing a new coin into the duvet before the final finishing, for good luck all of their days. When we make a duvet, we do the same thing. St.Geneve Down Filled Duvets all have a coin sewn in, in the same spirit of good wishes.
St Genève began as a small family business, started by Michael de la Place who began creating patterns and developing design features over forty years ago. Today St Genève is a world-renowned manufacturer of luxury bed linens and quality down products.
Quality has always been St Genève’s primary objective. A member of Downmark – the Down Association of Canada, St Genève has been active in many of its initiatives. The types of down they use have tremendous insulating power which is maintained by their high loft, density and clinging ability. These properties make the most luxurious down products because they are warm and lightweight.
St Genève bed linens are designed and made in Canada using the highest quality silk, Egyptian cotton and linen, woven by specialty mills in Germany and Italy.
GRShop.com does not currently sell St. Geneve through our on-line store. Feel free to contact us for information and pricing.