Development of the Pacific Chair followed the guiding principle 'full performance, quiet design'. The intuitive office chair offers all the functions necessary for ergonomic seating, while demonstrating expressive clarity and exceptional precision. Thanks to its understated character, the Pacific Chair is an ideal addition to any contemporary interior.
- Upholstered backrest made of polyamide with polyurethane foam padding
- Seat upholstery: polyurethane foam
- Seat support in polyamide (deep black)
- Base: five-star base in die-cast aluminum, with a polished finish or powder-coated (deep black), or alternately made of polyamide (deep black)
- Low Backrest
- Height: 90 - 108 cm / 35.5 - 42.5 Inch
- Depth: 50 - 77 cm / 19.75 - 30.25 Inch
- Width: 57.5 cm / 22.5 Inch
- Medium Backrest
- Height: 99 - 117 cm / 39 - 46 Inch
- Depth: 56.5 - 87 cm / 22.25 - 34.25 Inch
- Width: 55.5 - 60.5 cm / 21.75 -23.75 Inch
- High Backrest
- Height: 120 - 133.5 cm / 47 - 54.5 Inch
- Depth: 56 - 95 cm / 22 - 37.5 Inch
- Width: 57.5 cm / 22.75 Inch
- Seat mechanism: synchronized mechanism with automatic weight adjustment and manual fine tuning of backrest resistance with five settings.
- The backrest can be locked in the upright position
- High backrest equipped with height-adjustable headrest covered in leather
- Dark frame colour: seat mechanism casing and armrest supports in powder-coated aluminum (deep black); height-adjustable armrests and 3D armrests with armrest sleeve and operating element in polyamide (deep black) and polyurethane pads (deep black); fixed armrests in powder-coated aluminum (deep black).
- Bright frame colour: seat mechanism casing in sandblasted aluminum and armrest supports in polished aluminum; height-adjustable armrests and 3D armrests with armrest sleeve and operating element in polyamide (soft grey) and polyurethane pads (dark grey); fixed armrests in polished aluminum.
- Mix frame colour (only with height-adjustable armrests and 3D armrests): seat mechanism casing in sandblasted aluminum and armrest supports in polished aluminum; height-adjustable armrests and 3D armrests with armrest sleeve and operating element in polyamide (deep black) and polyurethane pads (deep black).
- Accessories: coat hanger mounted on chair, made of polyamide in deep black or soft grey, available for medium-height and high upholstered backrest
Vitra is a Swiss company dedicated to improving the quality of homes, offices and public spaces through the power of design. Their products and concepts are developed in an intensive design process, bringing together engineering excellence with the creative genius of today’s leading international designers. It is Vitra’s goal to create furniture and accessories that are functional and inspiring. Founded in 1950, Vitra produces many products from internationally recognized designers such as Verner Panton, Isamu Noguchi, Eero Saarinen and Jasper Morrison.
Vitra Pacific Chair Designed by:
- Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby , 2016
Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby
Barber, 1969 / Osgerby, 1969
“The pencil is the ultimate tool for the transfer of ideas from mind to paper.” - Edward Barber
Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby, both born in England in 1969, studied architecture and interior design together at the Royal College of Art in London. They founded their own architecture and design studio – Barber Osgerby – in 1996. Known for their roguish designs such as the Tip Ton chair for Vitra and the Tab Light for Flos, the East London-based pair have been showered with a number of prestigious awards including the Jerwood Applied Arts Prize for Furniture, and most recently they were awarded the title of Royal Designers for Industry by the Royal Society of Arts.
Much of Barber and Osgerby’s early work involved the folding and shaping of sheet material, influenced by the white card that they had used frequently in architectural model making. Plywood and perspex were used in the development of the Pilot Table, 1999, and Stencil Screen, 2000.