The ‘s’ designation in this variation on the 73 refers to it being surface-mounted, with transformers mounted remotely. This surface light has a discrete 79mm (3.1”) in diameter mounting plate designed to be mounted on walls as well as ceilings. It is also IP65 designated meaning that the 73s can be used outdoors and in other wet environments.
The ‘sp’ designation in this variation on the 73 refers to it being surfacemounted, with a mounting plate large enough to cover a standard North American junction box. This surface light has a paintable 118mm (4.6”) in diameter mounting plate designed to be mounted on walls as well as ceilings. It is also IP65 designated meaning that the 73sp can be used outdoors and in other wet environments.
The 73 is formed by blowing liquid glass into a folded and highly heat-resistant ceramic fabric vessel. The resulting shape has a formal and textural expression intuitively associated with fabric, which becomes permanent and rigid as it cools. Each 73 is completely unique in proportion, size and shape.
- Blown glass, stainless steel hardware, electrical components, silicon gasket
- Diameter surface mounted light: 3.1 inch
- Diameter mini mounting plate: 2.6 inch
- Diameter surface mounted light: 4.6 inch
- Diameter paintable mounting plate: 4 inch
- 10W Xenon or 1.5W LED
- All fixtures will be outfitted to be LED compatible.
- 73s require transformers to be remote mounted.
- As an alternative to the junction box LED driver, Bocci recommends mounting drivers remotely in an easily accessible and hidden location for ease of long-term maintenance. In remote mounted installations, 1 LED driver will be provided for every 10 pendants.
Based in Vancouver, Canada, Bocci is a world leader in contemporary lighting design. Led by creative director Omer Arbel, Bocci creates stunning lighting solutions of the utmost quality and craftsmanship. Starting with the 14 series cast glass chandeliers, Bocci continued to create beautiful lighting with the ceramic 21 series and the blown glass 28 series. In addition to lighting, Bocci creates electrical accessories.
Bocci 73s or 73sp Surface Mounted Light Designed by:
- Omer Arbel
Omer Arbel graduated from the University of Waterloo’s School of Architecture in 2000, and, after apprenticeships with several architectural companies, founded Omer Arbel Office, a Vancouver-based design practice, in 2005. The practice produces designs for buildings, objects, furniture, lighting and electrical accessories.
Arbel is also the creative director of the manufacturing and design company, Bocci that produces cast glass lighting features. Cast glass is an organic process, imperfect by nature and each piece is hand made to the client’s specifications. Bocci is now featured in buildings and homes worldwide and has won several high profile international design awards.