Drawing inspiration from traditional designs, but updated with an industrialized craft aesthetic, the Krusin Coffee Table complements the Krusin lounge and side chairs. Like the chairs, the tables leave no joint unresolved and no angle unconsidered, resulting in a subtle elegance that harmonizes with any setting.
Marc Krusin: “The tables were part of the same development as the chairs. The chairs really inspired them in a way, inspired the detailing within that cube. The main structure is all being made in the USA, by a great bunch of guys who were so flexible throughout the whole design process — so fast and extremely talented. They were always available to make all the petty modifications that, between myself and Bejamin Pardo, the Design Direction, were thrown at them.
“Personally I would always try to strive for something that is clean, that is visually silent, to study and rework, and tweak the proportions and the details to such a refined level that it becomes as perfect as it can be within that framework.
“I see it as being a design that can fit into a lot of scenarios. To me, there is something very noble about an object that sits within a space not shouting for your attention, but blending into it. The outcome is absolutely contemporary, but at the same time absolutely classic and absolutely timeless.”
- Frame is select American and European hardwood using dowel and mortise + tenon construction
- Oak and Walnut have low-sheen urethanecoating with conversion varnish top coat and a hand applied final wax coating
- Marble and glass tops are ¾” thick with radius corners. Tops rest within the frame
- Inset tops have threaded inserts to attach to frame
- Felt glides included with all bases
- 6 Sizes
- Square Side Table 46 x 46 x 46 (high) cm / 18 x 18 x 18 (high) inch
- Square Side Table 46 x 46 x 56 (high) cm / 18 x 18 x 22 (high) inch
- Square End Table 61 x 61 x 36 (high) cm / 24 x 24 x 14 (high) inch
- Square Coffee Table 91 x 91 x 25 (high) cm / 36 x 36 x 10 (high) inch
- Square Coffee Table 91 x 91 x 36 (high) cm / 36 x 36 x 14 (high) inch
- Rectangular Coffee Table 102 x 61 x 36 (high) cm / 40 x 24 x 14 (high) inch
- Felt glides included with all bases for use on hard floor surfaces
- When specifying veneer tops, the base finish matches top. Contrasting top and base finish is not a standard option
- Available in a variety of beech and natural wood finishes. Tops are offered in laminate, clear glass, matching veneer, Spinneybeck Leather (Riva), and select stone surfaces.
Many Knoll products are subject to shipping charges. Please check our shipping policies for details.
Boasting an extensive portfolio of products ranging from office work systems and residential mid-century modern classics, to textiles and accessories, Knoll is a leader of modern and sustainable design. Iconic designs from classic designers such as Harry Bertoia, Eero Saarinen, Warren Platner, Isamu Noguchi and Florence Knoll herself make up a large component of Knoll's collection, along with innovative contemporary pieces. Knoll's products can be found in private residences and major art museums alike, including 40 products in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York. read more...
Founded in 1938, Knoll's reputation for design integrity has a long and decorated history under the guiding principle: "good design is good business." Knoll invests in extensive research, field studies, customer collaborations, and partners with experts from the fields of architecture, organizational behavior, technology and business management to ensure that its products adapt and respond to the evolving needs of their customers. Environmental needs and requirements are not overlooked by design house either. In fact, Knoll is also considered a leader in production practices that reduce waste, conserve natural resources and protect the biosphere.Knoll has a strong international presence in the design world - headquartered in Pennsylvania, USA with showrooms across North America, Europe and represented by dealers throughought Latin America and Asia. www.knoll.com
Knoll Marc Krusin Occasional Table Designed by:
- Marc Krusin
Marc Krusin began his career in Italy where he worked tirelessly at the heart of the Milanese design scene for more than 13 years. He became Piero Lissoni's right-hand-man and associate, leading all types of projects from product to interior design for clients of international reputation. He played a fundamental part in helping the studio grow from 15 employees to over 60 and from being a studio with mainly Italian clients to being a studio with clients all over the world.
He now has his own practice in London and continues to design spaces and products for clients in several countries around the world. Among these is Knoll for whom he created the Krusin Chair and Table collection, and more recently the Anchor storage system, both of which have become very successful ranges for this internationally renowned company. Krusin's latest introduction with Knoll is Pixel™, a portfolio of performance tables for the entire office with a focus on training and classroom spaces.
In addition to designing, Marc has taught and lectured at universities in Europe and Australia and regularly speaks about his experience at events and conferences.