The AM Chair is the combined result of engineering skill, quality design and experience, uniting ergonomic functionality with technical elegance. Dynamic armrests and a height-adjustable back give the chair an emblematic appearance, while the slender plastic frame and translucent mesh cover bestow a sense of lightness and grace.
- Seat: seat plate made of polyamide; contoured seat cushion made of polyurethane foam; fabric cover
- Back: backrest cover in LightNet mesh fabric, stretched over frame. Polyamide backrest frame in deep black
- Armrests: 2D armrests with adjustable height and width or 3D armrests with adjustable height, width and depth. Armrest supports in polyamide with polyurethane pads
- Base: five-star base in deep black polyamide or in deep black powder-coated aluminum
- Height: 100 - 120 cm / 39 1/4 - 47 1/4 Inch
- Depth: 53.5 - 82.5 cm / 21 - 32 1/2 Inch
- Width: 64 - 70.5 cm / 25 1/4 - 27 3/4 Inch
- Height-adjustable backrest as a standard feature
Vitra is a Swiss company dedicated to improving the quality of homes, offices and public spaces through the power of design. Their products and concepts are developed in an intensive design process, bringing together engineering excellence with the creative genius of today’s leading international designers. It is Vitra’s goal to create furniture and accessories that are functional and inspiring. Founded in 1950, Vitra produces many products from internationally recognized designers such as Verner Panton, Isamu Noguchi, Eero Saarinen and Jasper Morrison.
Vitra AM Chair Designed by:
- Alberto Meda , 2016
Alberto Meda studied mechanical engineering in Milan, graduating in 1969. Soon after he was appointed technical director for the design-oriented manufacturer, Kartell. In 1979 Meda made the decision to pursue independent work as a designer and engineer.
The wonderfully functional and comfortable Meda task chair, designed during the 1990’s for Vitra, combines ergonomic sophistication with a visual coherence that testifies to his engineering background. Meda’s portfolio is comprised of a wide range of products – everything from cars for Alfa Romeo to high-tech lighting for Luceplan. Meda is acknowledged for his ability to use state-of-the-art materials in ways that are visually arresting as well as structurally sound. Alberto Meda has been working with Vitra since 1994. During this time he has created a series of office chairs and a variety of office and conference desks.
Today he lives in Milan.