The elegant office swivel chair AC 5 Work is equipped with a range of sophisticated functions that not only guarantee healthy seating comfort, but are also discreetly out of sight. This clean look enhances the graceful lines of AC 5 Work, whose distinctive design and uncompromising functionality make it a perfect seating option for well-appointed offices. The sophisticated structure of the AC 5 Work backrest with three different zones – lumbar zone, sink-in zone and shoulder zone – provides optimum support for the neck and prevents muscle tension. Further ergonomic features of AC 5 Work include the FlowMotion mechanism with synchronised forward tilt and seat depth adjustment, as well as the innovative FreeFloat armrests.
- Seat mechanism: FlowMotion mechanism with synchronised forward tilt (can be disengaged) and with seat depth adjustment.
- Backrest and seat: Self-supporting backrest structure with horizontally stitched padding. Backrest mount in polished die-cast aluminum. Optional height-adjustable lumbar cushion. Seat cushion in polyurethane foam. Cover in fabric or leather.
- Armrests: optionally equipped with fixed, polished die-cast aluminum ring armrests for conference areas (optional leather covers matched to the leather upholstery; for chairs with fabric covers, the leather armrest covers are in the color nero) or with FreeFloat armrests with polyurethane pads in basic dark
- Base: Five-star polyamide base in basic dark or polished die-cast aluminum base with double castors (Ø 2 1/3“) in basic dark
- Width (Without Armrests/Ring Armrests): 58.5 cm / 23 inch
- Width (FreeFloat Armrests): 66 - 75.5 cm / 26 - 29 3/4 inch
- Height: 101 - 113 cm / 39 3/4 - 44 1/2 inch
- Seat Height: 40 - 52 cm / 15 3/4 - 20 1/2 inch
- Depth: 53 - 78 cm / 20 3/4 -30 3/4 inch
Vitra is a Swiss company dedicated to improving the quality of homes, offices and public spaces through the power of design. Their products and concepts are developed in an intensive design process, bringing together engineering excellence with the creative genius of today’s leading international designers. It is Vitra’s goal to create furniture and accessories that are functional and inspiring. Founded in 1950, Vitra produces many products from internationally recognized designers such as Verner Panton, Isamu Noguchi, Eero Saarinen and Jasper Morrison.
Vitra AC 5 Work Chair Designed by:
- Antonio Citterio , 2017
Born in 1950 in Meda, Italy, Antonio Citterio opened his architecture office at the age of just 22. One of the most internationally sought-after designers, Citterio has worked for such renowned companies as Vitra, Flos, Kartell, and Iittala. The reason for the success of his design projects is that he likes to “tease” out an object’s dormant potential. He is on a constant search for true and authentic work and that he detests bad design. In 1987 and in 1994, Antonio Citterio received the Compasso d’Oro award.
Since 2006 he has been teaching architectural design at the Academy of Architecture in Mendrisio, Switzerland. In 2008, the Royal Society honored him for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce of London, which gave him the title of “Royal Designer for Industry.”