Featuring an elegant cruciform base and understated design, the Bistro Table by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec is also suited for outdoor use in the version with a solid core table top.
- Tabletop is either melamine, solid-core material, or oak veneer
- Base is powder-coated basic dark (RAL 9004)
- Height: 72 cm / 28 1/4 inch
- Diameter (round): 79.6 cm / 31 1/4 inch
- Width (square): 79.6 x 64 cm / 31 1/4 x 25 1/4 inch
- The table top in black solid-core material has an additional anti-fingerprint coating
- Leaving the table exposed to the sun for an extended period of time can result in colour changes, we recommend not leaving the table in the sun
Vitra is a Swiss company dedicated to improving the quality of homes, offices and public spaces through the power of design. Their products and concepts are developed in an intensive design process, bringing together engineering excellence with the creative genius of today’s leading international designers. It is Vitra’s goal to create furniture and accessories that are functional and inspiring. Founded in 1950, Vitra produces many products from internationally recognized designers such as Verner Panton, Isamu Noguchi, Eero Saarinen and Jasper Morrison.
Vitra Bistro Table Designed by:
- Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec , 2009/2010
Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
Ronan - France, 1971 / Erwan - France, 1976
Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec’s working collaboration is a permanent dialogue nourished by their distinct personalities and a shared notion of diligence with the intention to reach more balance and fineness.
In 1997, they presented their Disintegrated Kitchen at the Salon du Meuble in Paris and were spotted by Giulio Cappellini, who gave them their first industrial design projects, notably the Lit clos (“Closed Bed”) and the Spring Chair. A meeting with Vitra’s Rolf Fehlbaum resulted in their conception of a new kind of office system, Joyn, in 2002. This was the beginning of a special partnership that has borne fruit in numerous projects, including Algues, the Alcove Sofa, the Worknest, the Slow Chair, the Vegetal and L’Oiseau. Since 2004, the Bouroullecs have also been working with Magis, for whom they have designed two complete furniture collections, Striped and Steelwood as well as additional projects such as the Pila chair, the Pilo table, the Central and Tambour tables.
Today Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec design for numerous manufacturers, Vitra, Kvadrat, Magis, Kartell, Alessi, Mattiazzi, Flos, and more recently, Iittala.